Sunday, February 26, 2012

God as a Partner

Now, this does not have anything to do with "single-blessedness." I am actually not comfortable with that term because, really, even marriage is a blessing on its own. And that's a separate blog I will write soon, if given an inspiration to do so. Haha.

I write because with all the things that I have been doing lately, the truth about God as a partner all the more holds true to me.

This week saw me being stretched to my limits. I was beating deadlines after the other, dealing with demanding clients at the office, researching and reviewing songs, singing at after-office events (which are mostly Valentine Day-related, causing additional stress I think), attending to my need of restoring my equilibrium by writing a blog, and preparing for our church's annual national convention and general assembly.

It's been a while since I had squeezed every second and risked every ounce of my strength. I think the last time I was this busy was in high school. And I missed it. But I think my body didn't.

Last Friday, I was invited to sing at a couple's night of a church in Marikina. I went straight to the venue after a difficult day at the office. I knew I was tired yet I still have to belt (not sing!) two songs. I was yawning and yawning before my turn to sing came. When it's finally my turn, there was a problem with the sound system. The microphone's grounded and it was not amplifying my voice the way it should and needed to be. I was tired and the last thing I needed was an uncooperative sound system.

I'm thankful that fellow Papuri and DZAS artists, Ate Haydee Bernardo-Sampang and Ate Gloria Manriza-Cambra, were cheering me up. So in an abandoned attitude, I smiled, cracked some one-liners, and sang.

Miraculously, it was one of my most relaxed, open, and smooth renditions of the songs "Healing" and "Ako'y Binago Niya."

The next day, a friend sent me a message asking me what happened to me last night because the Lord had led him to pray for me then.We haven't gotten in touch for a while (almost a year now) and yet, here is a person whom the Lord tasked to pray for me that night. And to think it was not even a "desperate" situation then!

Jesus said in John 15:15:
"I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now, you are my friends since I have told you everything the Father told me."


On April 24, 2010, Jesus gave me a personal message through that verse:
Arla, I have so long wanted to show you these things so we can work together. I want us to work together and make glorious things happen for the pride and honor of our Father! 

Like a good friend, Jesus is a sensible partner. He knows what is in our hearts and what we need at the moment. He is also a reliable partner. When He called me in this task of communicating His love through singing, He has never put me to shame. (With the exemption, of course, of times when I did not carry out my side of the deal like when I eat high-risk foods such as sweets, fibrous fruits, and nuts. Or I did not practice or rested well.)

And it's just unfortunate that a lot of us would rather do things on our own. Yet if only we allow Him, He will not just open vocal cords or have someone pray for us. He will open doors, run the extra mile, and make all things possible so together you will bring glory to the Father - as every life in this planet should.

No comments:

Post a Comment