Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Italy meets South Asia: Chicken Curry Pasta with Spinach

After several weeks of having tuna-tomato pasta, I finally got bored. So tonight, I decided to give my favorite Italian staple a South Asian twist: I placed my chicken curry on top of my pasta!

And it tasted so new and good! So, I am sharing it with you:

Ingredients:
1. chopped garlic
2. sliced onion (I used white)
3. sliced red bell pepper
4. olive oil to saute
5. chicken nibbles (They're cheap!)
6. diced carrots
7.curry powder (this actually depends on how strong your powder is and how strong you want your dish to taste)
8. milk
9. salt and pepper to taste
10. pasta (of course! I used penne.)
11. spinach
12. mixed herbs (optional)

How to cook it:
1. Cook pasta according to directions on its pack.
2. Saute garlic, onion and red bell pepper - just enough to release the flavors and wet it with olive oil. Do not overcook it.
3. Add the chicken nibbles. Then salt and pepper to taste.
4. Once the chicken is cooked and tender, add the diced carrots (and mixed herbs).
5. Then add the curry powder and milk. Turn the heat to low.
(Remember that the amount of milk depends on the consistency that you want to achieve with your sauce. The curry sauce is your pasta sauce.)
6. Just let the mixture simmer until all the flavors are sealed in.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the cooked pasta.
8. Add the spinach on top.

Enjoy! :)

Love it strong! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment