Monday, May 21, 2012

She Sucks "Sihi Shells"

Eating is one of the "leisurely activities" you can do in Leyte, primarily because the food that you encounter here are not the usual food that you get to eat in Manila.

One of those foods that I have become so fascinated with are "sihi shells."

Yummy and outlandish!

For people by the sea, this is instant food. According to my Nanay and Lola, if my Lolo was not able to get a good catch of fish for the day, they would just go to the seashore and look for these beauties. In fact, during my vacation in Leyte, whenever I would get a quick morning dip in the sea, I see a lot of mother-and-child tandems looking for sihi shells.

Your unlikely utensil: the pin.

These shells are best cooked with coconut milk and malunggay leaves. But, a lot of people don't know how to eat sihi shells. Most of them thought that they will have to suck it (like what you'll do with golden apple snails or suso). So, here's my after-lunch video on how to eat your sihi shells (I'm so sweaty here!):



Until next Leyte food blog. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment